Monday, February 1, 2010

River Day!


Three pounds of Jujubes, A container of coolwhip (No Name) 10 packs of Jello, 2 packages of plastic sea animals, 1 plastic pirate ship, 2 pizza boxes and 4 garbage bags.
Now you be asking "WHAT?" but this is simply a list of the things I encountered within my first hour of being awake today. At seven in the morning Tim, Heather and I met in the common area and put together the fabled river for appointed river day. As soon as we were finished putting it all together. We ran over to the campus centre where we had our 7:30 bible study.
Today was my day to lead the study, it was a longer chapter (10) and had a lot of information, as we read it and I verbalized my exegete of the passage I found myself having to stop and catch my breath. There was an image of the Assyrian world force in the chapter that was very interesting, It was the idea of Assyria (the only super power in the world at the time) being only a hatchet being wielded by YHWH as a tool, and the problems that would occur if the hatchet turned against the one who wields it. Too bad the Assyrian king did not get the memo that YHWH is not just an idol like the Egyptian gods.
Of course when we were finished the study the group of us headed into the building for the unveiling. I htink Melissa enjoyed the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment