It has been awhile since I have posted, I have been doing many wonderful exciting things in this time off of the blogosphere. This past week was my reading week and went to Melissa's home in Haddo Ontario, for those who are not experts in the location of tiny communities consisting of 10 houses this is about 1 hour from Ottawa and 15 minutes from the St. Lawrence seaway. We arrived there on Saturday, and spent the evening chatting with her parents, who are helping with a church plant and turns out that the bass player was MIA that week so I was able to fill in! That was exciting being able to play in their church that is held in the gymnasium of a small public school (they graduated from the library). Through the week we spent time adventuring there 80 acres, feeding horses, and watching it snow. I was able to get sic pages into my theology paper, one highlight would be when we went to Ottawa to visit Melissa's sister, and we visited the National Gallery, I had been once before but had forgotten how amazing some of the art was and of course there are new exhibits (I saw a Van gogh and a Monet). That night I was also able to visit my brother who attends a college not far from Melissa's house, he told me about an illegal hamster he keeps in his dorm room which he named "Artorious Voldemort Prime".
Back to School, Sunday was the big hockey game which seemed as if it would have been impossible to avoid hearing about, which of course was a great point of interest even for those who do not know what a Power Play is. This was followed happily by my simple birthday celebration which was 6 friends and I going out for dinner.
Monday was may actual birthday, I had several people purchase coffee for me, and I was lucky enough to find a few Cd's in the thrift store across the road which were worth buying, For eight dollars I got Smashing pumpkins and Jason Mraz, (Who doesn't like 'i'm yours'?), That night for Care group my whole floor and one of the girls floors went to a place called Mount. Trashmore for an evening of sledding. It was astounding standing at the top of the mountain above the city skyline and witness the flour-incandescent lights below rival the stars and moon in the heavens above, then without proper warning flying down that mountain on a plastic mattress loaded with 20 people briefly considering whether or not last rites was a doctrine that could have been afforded more consideration.
When on my way back to school with Melissa, on the train, I had to return a call I had received to Swiss Chalet, in Kitchener. It was to confirm an interview, which I had yesterday, and can I say, "Nailed IT!" well I was hopeful that I would as I have much experience in a Swiss Kitchen, it was refreshing to discover that the Manager seemed to consider the fact I was in Bible school as equal credibility towards the Job as my experience in a Kitchen. With that I leave this vague spotting post to the readers to do with as they wish.... or whatever.

No comments:
Post a Comment