This was all on the way back from Swiss Chalet, I was not out for a late evening meal a forty minute hike away but rather this past week I was blessed with the employment at this restaurant. Not too surprising this Swiss Chalet is quite different from the one back in Simcoe, with complete different quantities and styles of service. So here I am submitting to people telling me how to the most mundane tasks I have been doing for five years and also being assumed to know where everything is and how it all works in minute detail in this foreign building with its own oddities as a franchise. Non-the-less here I am employed and provided with an opportunity for exercise walkign to and from work.
This week I also read the motorcycle Diaries a story of Che and Alberto leaving Argentine and traveling north toward North america. On the journey they undergo some hardship including the breaking down of the motorcycle but witness much worse hardship, the most heartbreaking to Che and Alberto was the poor conditions found in some of the hospitals that were visited having not enough room of instruments to treat those in dire need of medical attention. Next to this was the mines, south america is very rich in mineral resources and the system is set up so that the poorest of the peoples move to the mines to work for pennies which would sustain them until they almost certainly perish from the conditions of the mines. it was from these events that Che gained his inspiration. I did not realize this at first but the Che in the motorcycle diaries is the Che Guevara who led the revolution in Cuba, along with Fidel Castro. Now Growing up in a capitalist country the communists are often pushed aside from view as being the bad guys but looking into the heart of Che can be seen what it is he was fighting for, while we can simply see socialism or communism is a system that establishes a few at the cost of many, it was Che who saw captialism doing this to the people in south America, this was caused often from the decisions from leaders put in place through USA backed coups (especially where they had holdings on the mines that yielded high paying results.
In the end the system that Che helped set up failed, and can be seen by the poverty in Cuba today but what he desired was a land of equality of sharing the load, Che perhaps is not the villain he is made out to be. Is capitalism the right way since the more powerful countries ascribe to it?

No comments:
Post a Comment